About Federal Programs
over 3 years ago
Dr. DEMita S. Parson
Director of Federal Programs
The Department of Federal and Special Programs is comprised of a variety of programs, some financed through federal funding and others through state and grant funds. The staff of this department is dedicated to effectively developing, implementing, and evaluating programs/activities for the academic success of all students from K through 12th grade.
The performance goals of this department are:
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better in reading/language arts and mathematics.
- All limited-English proficient (LEP) students will become proficient in English and reach high academic standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better in reading/language arts and mathematics.
- All students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conductive to learning.
- All students will graduate from high school.